fabiosun

On my real 16" MBP, up until this evening this used to say "macOS Big Sur Beta"

The beta has now disappeared and the file size has also grown from 11.xx GB to 12.19 GB. 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 23.49.32.png

6 minutes ago, info said:

Oh okey ! I've read this thread twice already! 

Thank you @Ploddles!

If you put your system info in your signature, it will be easier for others to help you as they will know what components you have. Most of us on here have done that as you will see on every post.

Edited by Ploddles

3 hours ago, Ploddles said:

On my real 16" MBP, up until this evening this used to say "macOS Big Sur Beta"

The beta has now disappeared and the file size has also grown from 11.xx GB to 12.19 GB. 

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 23.49.32.png

If you put your system info in your signature, it will be easier for others to help you as they will know what components you have. Most of us on here have done that as you will see on every post.

Looking at the presentation today, Apple claims that Big Sir is supposed to be significantly faster (at launching apps, switching between them, performance wise etc.) than Catalina. Have you observed this on your hack/MBP?

P.S. when the update to Big Sur arrives, it should go through seamlessly using your EFI, right?

Edited by Jaidy

6 hours ago, Jaidy said:

Looking at the presentation today, Apple claims that Big Sir is supposed to be significantly faster (at launching apps, switching between them, performance wise etc.) than Catalina. Have you observed this on your hack/MBP?

P.S. when the update to Big Sur arrives, it should go through seamlessly using your EFI, right?

Mostly marketing noise. No significant benchmark differences or perceived responsiveness in my experience.

Perhaps, it's the point to add that the whole Apple Silicon release is disappointing. A Mac "Pro" laptop with a max of 16G memory? This is a long way from a true "Pro" product  -rather a bloated iPad with a keyboard and a neural chip.

Edited by meina222
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, info said:

Thank you Fabiosun . I've been running an Intel Hackintosh for the past 5 years with the same card and it worked fine in Catalina ( not gonna update to Big Sur yet since it's mostly for music production and it's still unsupported with many software developers for plugins ) . Let's hope for the best!

Really excited to join the Red team and very appreciative of this community for being so supportive and helpful 

I read that you use your hack for music production purposes....so with threadripper do you have any problem with music app like cubase/logic/kontakt/omnisphere etc? and with hardware? what kind of audio board do you use?

8 hours ago, thenightflyer said:

I read that you use your hack for music production purposes....so with threadripper do you have any problem with music app like cubase/logic/kontakt/omnisphere etc? and with hardware? what kind of audio board do you use?

All those work great in Bare Metal or Proxmox. And I use Omnisphere. Firewire/Fireface800

Edited by Driftwood
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, info said:

Just did!

I'm gonna use the latest EFI you provided ( THANK YOU! ) and wanted to ask if there's something I need to change since I'm temporarily using a GTX760 until the 6800XT comes out

Thank you again!

Nothing to add or change. Just make sure you have the latest F4l BIOS.

18 hours ago, Jaidy said:

I don't expect there to be any changes needed. RC2 boots fine and will probably be the actual release version, only tomorrow will tell.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:44 PM, Rocket88 said:

I ordered the Mac mini (16 Gig Memory, 1T SSD). I couldn't help myself. I'll post the Cinebench 23 results when it arrives, which will be December 4-11. 

I’d have done that till I read that it won’t support eGPUs. Will wait for a more expandable model as I have no use for a mini or ultraportable MacBook otherwise 

I want to thank all of you for your contribution to this forum on TRX40, I just updated my main system running Catalina to Big Sur and it was smooth as a baby. I only needed to point opencore once to the right disc to continue the install, but other than that zero issue. Big thanks to all of you and especially @fabiosun for starting the Proxmox journey which pulled me into this TRX40 adventure.

image.png.c574b1b892f17a95cc4eaf4abf6f238e.png

• Thanks 1
  • +1 3

7 minutes ago, Ploddles said:

I'm thinking you are referring to Misc | Security | SecurebootModel, which should be set to Disabled.

I just checked the config.plist on my EFI folder, and the setting of SecurebootModel is indeed Disabled, still the onboard WiFi isn't working. Is there any other setting for that?

22 minutes ago, Jaidy said:

I just checked the config.plist on my EFI folder, and the setting of SecurebootModel is indeed Disabled, still the onboard WiFi isn't working. Is there any other setting for that?

My latest OC folder was uploaded a few posts back. Download that and compare settings / kexts.

• fabiosun changed the title to [Discussion] - TRX40 Bare Metal - Vanilla Patches