Asus TRX50 Pro Sage WIFI OSX Installation

Jerry-ag

On 4/8/2024 at 10:32 PM, Lorys89 said:

flash other bios version

Hello @Lorys89,

Yes, I downgraded my BIOS to the last version, which doesn't have any change. I've tried many methods but still not luck. Any recommendations are welcome. 

5 minutes ago, backinblackx86 said:

return for a  Gigabyte?

Definitely not, as I need specific software compatible with Windows. This motherboard is excellent for overclocking purposes.

Ryzen Threadripper 7970x CinebenchR23-AI.png

• Like 1

wow great score…makes me think I should have saved up for a 7970x…

I came across a Reddit post of a user having trouble with their Asus…perhaps related? They mentioned a USB firmware update from ASUS that can only be done from Windows.

The ASUS support page: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/workstation/pro-ws-trx50-sage-wifi/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=Pro-WS-TRX50-SAGE-WIFI conveniently mentions that we need to run some ".exe" file to update USB firmware.

Edited by backinblackx86
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

• Moderators

Probably some issues with kernel patches as MMIO whitelisting have been investigated and implemented... Some serial debugging must be done for this specific mainboard: probably only a specific patch must be refined or other ones created from scratch.

Without having your exact hardware and a serial debugger it is very difficult to help you right now.

Probably you can try the Proxmox way, same performance, only a bit more complicated: 

• Thanks 1

CaseySJ over at amd-osx said

Have all the usual factors been checked, such as:

• CFG-Lock — this is usually not a problem on AMD, but we can always compensate by enabling Kernel quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcfmCfgLock 
  • It is also possible that OpenRuntime.efi is not able to find/calculate slide value”

42 minutes ago, backinblackx86 said:

wow great score…makes me think I should have saved up for a 7970x…

I came across a Reddit post of a user having trouble with their Asus…perhaps related? They mentioned a USB firmware update from ASUS that can only be done from Windows.

The ASUS support page: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/workstation/pro-ws-trx50-sage-wifi/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=Pro-WS-TRX50-SAGE-WIFI conveniently mentions that we need to run some ".exe" file to update USB firmware.

Hi @backinblackx86,

Thank you for the information. Perhaps the issue lies with the USB firmware, but I am unsure how to fix it. Please let me know if you have any ideas regarding this problem.

• Supervisor
4 minutes ago, Jerry-ag said:

Hi @backinblackx86,

Thank you for the information. Perhaps the issue lies with the USB firmware, but I am unsure how to fix it. Please let me know if you have any ideas regarding this problem.

could you post latest config.plist we did for you? only config.plist

10 minutes ago, backinblackx86 said:

CaseySJ over at amd-osx said

Have all the usual factors been checked, such as:

• CFG-Lock — this is usually not a problem on AMD, but we can always compensate by enabling Kernel quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcfmCfgLock 
  • It is also possible that OpenRuntime.efi is not able to find/calculate slide value”

Thank you. Let me try to enable these quirks, hope it works.

4 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

could you post latest config.plist we did for you? only config.plist

Hi @fabiosun,

Here is a latest config.plist which I received from @Lorys89

config.zip

• Supervisor
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jerry-ag said:

Hi @fabiosun@backinblackx86

I have tested with this config.plist, which has enabled kernel quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock. There is no change; it remains stuck at the same point.

Yes i knew it but i wanted to take @backinblackx86advice so he is happy 🙂🙂

also calculate slide area is not an option because your debug said you have it available and well calculated

i am out of any smart idea for now to test!

😞

Edited by fabiosun
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Yes i knew it but i wanted to take @backinblackx86advice so he is happy 🙂🙂

also calculate slide area is not an option because your debug said you have it available and well calculated

i am out of any smart idea for now to test!

😞

Hi @fabiosun,

I am grateful for your assistance; I have gained valuable knowledge from you. However, the issue with the Asus motherboard is complex. Hopefully, we can find a solution soon. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kind of think of it, my MsI B550 5900x build has a similar symptom as this ASUS, it hangs at the same exact point where it won’t boot Monterey, yet Sonoma and Ventura are fine. Could it be a similar cause. Have you tried older OS?

Edited by backinblackx86
  • +1 1

14 hours ago, backinblackx86 said:

kind of think of it, my MsI B550 5900x build has a similar symptom as this ASUS, it hangs at the same exact point where it won’t boot Monterey, yet Sonoma and Ventura are fine. Could it be a similar cause. Have you tried older OS?

Yes, I tried to boot to install with Ventura and Sonoma, and even with Bigsur too.

7 hours ago, Lorys89 said:

Hello @Lorys89,

Thank you for your EFI files. I have tested all of them, but it still hangs at the same point. Note that I tried using another EFI from my Dell workstation (successful installed with Sonoma) for testing, but it encountered the same problem. That's very weird.

IMG_2656.JPG

• Support Team
18 minuti fa, Jerry-ag ha scritto:

Ciao@Lorys89,

Grazie per i tuoi file EFI. Li ho provati tutti, ma si blocca ancora allo stesso punto. Tieni presente che ho provato a utilizzare un altro EFI dalla mia workstation Dell (installato con successo con Sonoma) per i test, ma ha riscontrato lo stesso problema. E' molto strano.

IMG_2656.JPG

does the DELL workstation have oclp installed?

8 minutes ago, backinblackx86 said:

yes, to confirm, are you trying to boot a cloned, pre-made, installation with recovery or full installer? via nvme? have you tried a sata ssd? usb?

Hi @backinblackx86,

Thank you for your information. Currently, I can only boot with the full installer via three different USBs, which include macOS Big Sur, Ventura, and Sonoma. However, none of them are working. I will try to boot with nvme too.