fabiosun

Ok 🙂  Since I don't need Windows anymore I can use that NVMe drive to install Ventura there to try it out. I just use my working EFI or something extra should be done? New patches?

Edited by shrisha

• Supervisor

image.thumb.png.b202195276650e1693be4de42b1286c9.png

new ride with new beta

(it is safe to update for our kernel patches)

1 hour ago, shrisha said:

Ok 🙂  Since I don't need Windows anymore I can use that NVMe drive to install Ventura there to try it out. I just use my working EFI or something extra should be done? New patches?

I do not remember what opencore version you use and also kernel patches you are using by now

• Thanks 1

• Supervisor
31 minutes ago, shrisha said:

I'm on 0.8.4. Here is my EFI:

3970xpatches.plist.zip

these patches should be fine also for you

Aquantia patch does not work anymore also in Monterey

Update all your kexts and also to opencore 085 or greater

Please, if your EFi is bigger than 5 Mb, use an external service to post

this to have a more faster forum usability

Thank you

• Thanks 1

@shrisha both @Jaidy and myself are having problems installing a new version of Ventura on our Gigabyte Xtreme motherboards. I managed to upgrade, my already booting, Monterey but trying to do a fresh install from scratch isn't working. It does the 1st part fine but after rebooting to continue with the 2nd phase our boards just reboot and go straight into a Recovery Console.

If you manage to do a fresh install to another disk, can you post your EFI so I can try it with our Xtreme boards. If that works then I can try and find the differences that are stopping us doing it.

Thanks.

Edited by Ploddles
typo
  • Ok 1

I will try installation tomorrow. Meanwhile try this:

https://elitemacx86.com/threads/common-problems-in-macos-ventura-13-0.924/

just remembered, I found this post on that forum. I didn't read it but may be you can find some useful info there.

Since macOS Ventura, enabling VT-d is a must. VT-d is required for working Network Adapters, including built-in and PCIe based. This has been already discussed in the thread above.

Edited by shrisha

6 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

VT-d should be intel stuff

in our rig it is different..and it doesn't solve the problem

Sorry, I thought it is same as "SVM Mode" on AMD boards "Virtualization enhanced by Virtualization Technology"

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@Ploddlesso you never booted in Ventura OS?

if so try to disable your lan or to put e1000=0 boot arg in your config

if you booted also a single Ventura beta delete above testing step 😉

Neither/both of those made any difference. I managed to get a screenshot just before the reboot.

IMG_1529.PNG

EDIT: 

I've just noticed it mentions SecureBoot which I have set as Default. Later on I will try setting it to Disabled to see if that solves my problem. 

Edited by Ploddles
  • Cross Finger 1

Well, I never had such smooth hackintosh installation in my life 🙂 Ventura installed with zero problems except there is no any networks. WiFi kext which is working fine in Monterey in Ventura makes computer restart after 5 - 10 seconds of fully booted system. And no Intel or Aquantia ethernet adapters obviously. So AirportItlwm.kext have to be fixed or some extra quirks in OC have to be done?

And I can share my EFI and BIOS settings for anyone interested.

Edited by shrisha

• Supervisor
9 minutes ago, shrisha said:

Well, I never had such smooth hackintosh installation in my life 🙂 Ventura installed with zero problems except there is no any networks. WiFi kext which is working fine in Monterey in Ventura makes computer restart after 5 - 10 seconds of fully booted system. And no Intel or Aquantia ethernet adapters obviously. So AirportItlwm.kext have to be fixed or some extra quirks in OC have to be done?

it is what I am saying from a bit

for ethernet you can try (but only a desperate try) to use your old kext and add e1000=0 to your boot args

Airport kext should work, you have to find the exact combination working in Ventura

here I can't help because I do not use it

12 hours ago, Ploddles said:

@shrisha both @Jaidy and myself are having problems installing a new version of Ventura on our Gigabyte Xtreme motherboards. I managed to upgrade, my already booting, Monterey but trying to do a fresh install from scratch isn't working. It does the 1st part fine but after rebooting to continue with the 2nd phase our boards just reboot and go straight into a Recovery Console.

If you manage to do a fresh install to another disk, can you post your EFI so I can try it with our Xtreme boards. If that works then I can try and find the differences that are stopping us doing it.

Thanks.

@ Poddles @shrisha @Jaidy As I have a Gigabyte Designare you can compare my current OpenCore 0.8.5 efi Here for Monterey and Ventura.

I just installed Ventura from a USB stick on a blank partition.

Installation successful.

Spoiler

1569433621_arrakisVentura.thumb.png.fabe29af4c1240305458d8db3f96aa85.png

@Fabiosun, you can put in OP this EFI, if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@shrisha 

Exactly the same losses of Wifi and Bluetooth modules compared to Monterey.

But I have no untimely restart when the wifi is activated even if it is inoperative.

Edited by Arrakis
Correction : with the kext AirportItlwm 2.2.0 (Alpha Version) the wifi works but not the bluetooth.

Here is my EFI folder https://mega.nz/file/4Ex31AzR#0j8vTCpKlIsr7MrbzkGX_yfcUtXS2UrejhP00qf6qf8

Fully functional Ventura except build-in lan adapters for Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) with 3970X CPU.

BIOS settings are:

First load defaults. Activate XMP profile for RAM. CSM support disabled, obviously 🙂 Secure boot disabled, Fast boot disabled, Both lan adapters disabled, in Advance CPU settings SVM Mode enabled. Platform power, Wake on Lan disabled. Above 4G decoding enabled. Resizable bar - auto. AMD CPU fTPM enabled. And whatever I didn't mentioned stays default. Hope it will be useful.  

Edited by shrisha

One thing I want to mention, in Ventura everything is super smooth. Before in Monterey I had occasional stutters in Desktop animations and webpages scrolling. Especially with Twitter. Now is totally gone! Just for MacOS I removed my Titan RTX from PC and putted old Vega 64 card sitting on a shelf for past three years and never being happier. According to Ventura release notes new METAL 3 is still supported by Vega cards but polaris hit EOL. Just checked with Geekbench Metal test and got for 1000 points more then in Monterey.

Actually I'm impatiently waiting for Nov 3d. I'm definitely will get new AMD card at the end of the next month. Planing for Radeon RX 7900 XT. What do you think guys, will Apple support  RDNA3 cards in next Ventura updates? Otherwise I think I will go for two RX 6900 XTs.

Yay, I managed to install a couple of fresh copies of Ventura.

1st I had, at some point, inadvertently set Secure Boot in the Config.plist file to Default instead of Disabled.

2nd, this enabled me to get to the 2nd part of the install process (see attached) but it kept failing with a message about 'not enough space' even thou it was going to a clean 500GB drive. I tried formatting it as HPFS+ and APFS but I kept getting the same message. The only way I could get passed this message was to reformat the disk with an Apple Partition Map as the Scheme and then reformatting it as a GUID Partition Map AND APFS, not HPFS+

Strange behaviour but it works so I am not complaining.

IMG_1530.jpg

Bluetooth (Intel WIFI 6 AX200 internal module) is functional again on Ventura and at the same time on Monterey on my platform.
In fact, I had missed an update of the following Kext:
Intel Bluetooth Firmware Ver 2.2.0
IntelBT Patcher Ver 2.2.0
BlueToolFixup Ver 2.2.4 (all three work together).

187618126_Capturedecran2022-10-27a12_12_32.png.de9ef5189f13a7bf45d65d8e72d52efb.png

• +1 1