fabiosun

• Supervisor
39 minutes ago, 23d1 said:

Oof, decided to hop on the beta train with my TRX40 workstation (got a few macs and a few hacs that I jump between). Now I can't get past EXITBS. Before it was booting but stuck on a few steps after ioqueue_depth (something about TRIM). Anyone sitting on pointers?

Post your previous working EFi without sensible data on your SMBIOS

if greater than 5 Mb post it with an external link

thank you

7 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Post your previous working EFi without sensible data on your SMBIOS

if greater than 5 Mb post it with an external link

thank you

Here goes;

Monterey, worked great (also updated to 0.8.5 and latest kexts and worked fine) https://www.dropbox.com/s/vonylaw2ykdn76o/EFI Monterey.zip?dl=0
Ventura, stops at "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest" after  a loooong time https://www.dropbox.com/s/x749invwo9yjgyc/EFI Ventura.zip?dl=0

IMG_1023.jpg

Edited by 23d1
Added photo of screen.

• Supervisor
On 10/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ploddles said:

Thanks.

@fabiosununfortunately that doesn't work for me. I tried your EFI exactly as it is except for my own MIMO Whitelist, Memory details and Serial numbers. It let me boot into Monterey but when I try and boot into the Ventura setup it just immediately reboots and on next startup goes to the macOS Monterey Recovery Console.

It did the first part, copying the installer bits to the SSD from the installer USB but on the reboot to continue the setup that it where it just immediately reboots and goes to the Monterey Recovery Console.

Attached is my own EFI (updated to OC-0.8.5) that boots Monterey fine but with non of the necessary Ventura bits added. When you have a bit of spare time would you mind looking it over and adding/removing what is needed for Monterey & Ventura?

Thanks in advance.

TRX40_Aorus_Extreme_EFI_OC085.zip 47.76 MB · 1 download

ciao @Ploddles

if you can try this, it is a debug EFI with a minilmal set of kext

Monterey and Ventura have problem with ethernet (smaltree kext)

https://mega.nz/file/9O0UCaiC#oguhLwgQxYBB6VGoSfEsoMhCZ6W3AhqurzX1_bB_gxE

3 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

ciao @23d1your EFi for Ventura seems pretty fine to me

kexts are updated

your problem could be ethernet card

try to disable its kext or to disconnect only the ethernet cable

I tried removing the kernel patch, but have yet to try disconnecting the cable. If that works, I'm gonna go mental. 🙂

19 hours ago, fabiosun said:

I think you cant

but to verify try to disconnect the cable on both if you have

my ethernet (internal one is different) and I have disabled it from bios

Aquantia here is a PCIex card (I have unmounted it)

I ended up restoring my Monterey install as I needed to get some work done, but will give it a go in a week or so. I wonder if there's stuff that needs to change in the BIOS to run Ventura... ASRock Trx40 Creator with 3990x is becoming a hassle... I'm sort of crossing fingers that Apple will update the kernel to support 128+ threads at some point... 😅

• Cross Finger 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, fabiosun said:

ciao @Ploddles

if you can try this, it is a debug EFI with a minilmal set of kext

Monterey and Ventura have problem with ethernet (smaltree kext)

https://mega.nz/file/9O0UCaiC#oguhLwgQxYBB6VGoSfEsoMhCZ6W3AhqurzX1_bB_gxE

Hi,

Unfortunately that doesn't work. If I boot into Monterey with it it just randomly reboots. I had already done the first part of the Ventura install with my usual EFI - where it copies the files to the destination disk and should continue after a reboot, with the old and new EFI it just reboots after a few seconds and then goes straight into a Monterey recovery console, before when the Picker usually appears.

If I delete the previous 1st part Ventura install and try and do it fresh with the new EFI, I get a continuous "find_symbol: magic number doesn't match - 0x1bcdc000", the last part 0x... changes on each try. I believe that this means that the install media is corrupt but I have tried downloading it a number of times via different methods on different machines all with the same result. The exact same media runs smoothly for the 1st part of the install if I run it from within Monterey pointing it to a new disk - tried both an SSD and NVMe drive and there is no difference.

Very strange.

I downloaded the installer with both the 'RunMe_DownloaderV3'  and 'gibMacOS'. 

My next test will be to do a fresh install of Monterey on another SSD and try and upgrade that to Ventura.

• Supervisor

Magic number error is for an old kext

amdpowr management kext 

and SMCAmdProcessor kext

download the latest 

reboot instead is due ethernet

try to disconnect it or disable it

1 hour ago, Ploddles said:

find_symbol: magic number doesn't match - 0x1bcdc000

Thanks.

The 2 kexts (V0.71) solved the magic number error 👍.

I tried disabling the network cards in the BIOS and unplugged the cable but that didn't make any difference, it just reboots on the 2nd phase The strange thing is that if I try and install a new version of Monterey that is also doing the same thing, i.e just immediately rebooting on the 2nd phase. It does this even if I use my original unmodified EFI that is booting the installed version fine. This is getting stranger and stranger.

I'm thinking of downloading the earliest version of Monterey and trying that, just out of interest to see if that does the same. 🤔

• Cross Finger 1

• Supervisor

There is not a lot of feedback on this thread from  historical users    anymore, so it is harder to understand the particular types of problems you may have in more modern OS X than in Big Sur.
In my system, the Ethernet part (i211 and aquantia) stopped working.
Otherwise everything works by updating bootloader , drivers, kexts and patches

Thanks you for trying to help and all the work you put into this for the community.

This is very weird, I can't even install the early versions of Monterey. I even went as far as downgrading the BIOS to earlier versions, and old versions of my EFI, where I had no problems at all initially installing Monterey. Nothing seems to work, I always just get a reboot immediately after starting the 2nd phase.

I will keep trying various things to see if I get any luck, if not then I may have to revert to Windows and just use macOS on the TRX40 until it stops working and would benefit from a reinstall. I may try Big Sur, just to see if that will install, but that will be at a later date when I have more free time to spend on it.

Thank you again.

@Poddles

It is identical to Fabiosun and I think like him from my experience on my TXR40.
On my system. I lost Ethernet (i210 Intel) stopped working since Monterey. (I didn't disable the ports in the bios)
I remedied this problem with a USB C / ethernet 2.5 GB adapter.
This is an experience for you. No kexts regarding Aquantia and motherboard ethernet.
Connected your UBC C / Ethernet adapter like this from the start of the OSX to the ethernet connection natively.

For me, works very well, it is recognized natively from the start so it is possible to install the new system from the backup partition. It is with this method that I test Ventura with each time a clean install.
With Ventura, I will lose Bluetooth. At the time of today it no longer works but the wifi still works.
It is with this method (USB C / ETHERNET adapter) that I test Ventura with each time a clean install on an NVME on its dynamic partition. (Add Volume in Disk Utility)

• +1 2

hello .. ihave asrock TRX40 Taichi and i tried every posible way to install monterey but it didnt work .. i tried the efi from first page and updated kext and patches i stuck at theese point everytime .. this is my full specs

ASROCK TRX40 Taichi

Asrock 5700xt

amd thridripper 3960x

ive some experiance in hackintosh so i see that the installer stuck right before getting the ui .. i add agdpmod=pikera and made a custom ssdt for the card .. and in bios setup i disabled secureboot-resizebar-immou-csm and above 4g is enabled

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-16 at 20.10.43.jpg