backinblackx86

I have had this system assembled since December but it was on the back burner…Opencore does take a real long time to load the boot picker fyi. It is in an old case with a Volkswagon Type2 style theme, even the side panel has wheels. Previously this case was home to an Intel 3rd Gen…long due for an upgrade.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by backinblackx86
  • Like 1

Colors are fine, it is my camera photographing the screen. Sound is working via the HDMi output to the display’s built in speakers.

Analog audio output is working through the back I/O panel. Case’s audio out connected to the motherboard header is not working…could be the old wiring. Need to find a microphone to test input.

• Supervisor

Ok, restrictevents will help for CPU name as you know

Do you see clicking in audio icon on the bar other devices?

image.png.fea052e5080582df1f1edc8d61701132.png

to grab a part of your screen you can click Option shift 4 and drag a box

• Supervisor

Yes you have also USB audio as TRX40 and some AM5 motherboard.

very good

The good things you doesnt need of fix patch and this is good for GPU performance

i hope when you are ready you will share some cpu Benchmark 🙂

very curious because i think you are the first one with thi platform to boot in OSX

• fabiosun changed the title to Gigabyte TRX50 installation success! :)

Couldn't have done it without you fabiosun! I am interested in what you changed to make the system boot. I will add Restrict Events kext to correct the CPU name and the Memory error notification as I am familiar with it from my recent 5900x AM4 system. I do have an AMD 6800 XT that I can add to the system as this 560 was pulled from the previous 3rd Gen Intel system and of course, for performance sake, I will source a Western Digital NVMe.

• Supervisor

Important thing wrong was SSDT part

I added one created by@Lorys89which has inside many things you need (CPU rename and other stuff)

I think you can try also TB4 ports because they should be identical to mine

Wireless could be problematic , but if it is an intel wifi you can try adding some kext

test also front speaker port and headphone

if you can post also an IOREG of your system to see better

You can also adjust orange icon if you have

• Thanks 1

Yes this board is Qualcomm Wi-Fi 7, my PopOS linux does not detect it either. The board does have the 10GbE NIc, I believe similar to the ASUS X670E board, I am aware of CaseySJ patches for it. I will try enabling the Maple Ridge USB4 and see if it boots next.

• Support Team
50 minuti fa, backinblackx86 ha scritto:

drum roll….Probably need to add RestrictEvents.kext and some other tweaks but we have reached the desktop!

image.jpg

please send ioreg log , thanks 🙂