fabiosun

@Ploddles thanks for telling me. I’d wait for it to get working before I try on my machine. It’s my work machine anyway, so I would want it to be stable…

@fabiosun right. I use a USB adapter anyway, but it’d be good to get the onboard one to work too for Apple’s techs that use WiFi

• Supervisor

I am using it as my main disk now (I have also a more solid Ventura 13.5 b2 backup, just in case)

it is stable and the only problem I have is the lack of wifi (and all things connected to this (airdrop, continuity cam)

but happy for this beta (not many differences compared to previous Os)

@Ploddleshave you updated your kext to latest kexts commit (beta)?

or have you used the usual bootarg useful for beta (-lilubetaall)?

@fabiosun @Jaidy It is now installed and working.😀 The updated patch by CaseySJ (re 10 bit tags) fixed the problem and the patch works for both Ventura and Sonoma.

It seems to be working OK, apart from WiFI and Bluetooth. Hopefully updated WiFi and Bluetooth kexts will be available in the next few weeks. It is installed on a separate NVMe drive so I can dual boot macOS. I haven't installed many Apps yet so can't report on their compatibility.

• +1 2

On 6/9/2023 at 5:54 AM, Ploddles said:

@fabiosun @Jaidy It is now installed and working.😀 The updated patch by CaseySJ (re 10 bit tags) fixed the problem and the patch works for both Ventura and Sonoma.

It seems to be working OK, apart from WiFI and Bluetooth. Hopefully updated WiFi and Bluetooth kexts will be available in the next few weeks. It is installed on a separate NVMe drive so I can dual boot macOS. I haven't installed many Apps yet so can't report on their compatibility.

Are there patches specifically for Sonoma?

6 hours ago, Jaidy said:

Are there patches specifically for Sonoma?

I had to change 1 patch. It is an updated one which works with both Ventura and Sonoma. (see attached)

Also, don't forget to update the MaxKernal section of the patches to 23.99.99 where appropriate.

Additionally I needed to added -lilubeta to the boot args.

Hope that helps.

Sonoma.plist.zip

• Thanks 1
  • +1 1

11 hours ago, gosi said:

Really glad this thread is still active, great work everyone!

@Arrakis could you share your EFI once more? That would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

@gosi 

Here is my Config.plist (OC 0.9.3), it works perfectly for Ventura 13.3 and higher.

This means that if you have a system lower than 13.3, you must add the patch: algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 12.0 or even algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 10.15, 11.0.

For Sonoma you will also need to add the new patch from: CaseySJ - probeBusGated Disable 10 bit tags - 12.0/13.0/14.0

Config.plist.zip

Edited by Arrakis
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 6:54 AM, Ploddles said:

I had to change 1 patch. It is an updated one which works with both Ventura and Sonoma. (see attached)

Also, don't forget to update the MaxKernal section of the patches to 23.99.99 where appropriate.

Additionally I needed to added -lilubeta to the boot args.

Hope that helps.

Sonoma.plist.zip 3.49 kB · 3 downloads

which patches require setting MaxKernel to 23.99.99 other than the probeBustGated Disable 10 bit tags by CaseSJ?

9 minutes ago, Jaidy said:

which patches require setting MaxKernel to 23.99.99 other than the probeBustGated Disable 10 bit tags by CaseSJ?

Rather than list them all, see the ones in my config, attached, ie they all change except the one to boot Ventura pre-13.3 if you still boot that at all. If you are at Ventura 13.3 or above then you can delete the pre 13.4 patch.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1
  • +1 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 1:51 PM, Arrakis said:

@gosi 

Here is my Config.plist (OC 0.9.3), it works perfectly for Ventura 13.3 and higher.

This means that if you have a system lower than 13.3, you must add the patch: algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 12.0 or even algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 10.15, 11.0.

For Sonoma you will also need to add the new patch from: CaseySJ - probeBusGated Disable 10 bit tags - 12.0/13.0/14.0

Config.plist.zip 6.69 kB · 6 downloads

I Have two questions :

1. What bios version are you on ? Is it version FD ?
2. On what slot do you have your GPU and TB3 card plugged in ?

Thanks !

2 hours ago, XLNC said:

I Have two questions :

1. What bios version are you on ? Is it version FD ?
2. On what slot do you have your GPU and TB3 card plugged in ?

Thanks !

@XLNC 

Latest version available for the bios.

2 GPUs in slots 1 and 3.

Thunderbolt card on slot 4.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:44 PM, valmeida said:

@fabiosun I have attached my EFI incase you want to add to the list of EFI on PAGE one  incase anyone else needs it. Everything is working like a champ including Wifi , Bluetooth, Air drop , Aquantia and I211.  I also noticed a huge increase in performance. 

Thanks again for all your help. 

EFI.zip 3.15 MB · 16 downloads

hello! Question what version of Ventura are u using? and bios on trx40

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 12:25 AM, Arrakis said:

@XLNC 

Latest version available for the bios.

2 GPUs in slots 1 and 3.

Thunderbolt card on slot 4.

Also, sleep is working fine on your system ?
Can you share your complete EFI here? With all SSDTs and kexts in it. Thanks 

Edited by XLNC

Le 23/07/2023 à 08:10, XLNC a déclaré :

Also, sleep is working fine on your system ?
Can you share your complete EFI here? With all SSDTs and kexts in it. Thanks 

@XLNCI confirm that sleep does not work on my platform. The shutdown occurs but the system wakes up alone after 3 seconds. It has never worked since the beginning of the adventure started with Catalina.

Edited by Arrakis