fabiosun

2 hours ago, Arrakis said:

@XLNCI confirm that sleep does not work on my platform. The shutdown occurs but the system restarts after 3 seconds. It has never worked since the beginning of the adventure started with Big Sur.

If the system re-boots after shutting down. It means your NVRAM isn't working properly.

Recheck your MMIO whitelist. As it's essential to have a proper working NVRAM.

Firstly, disable eRP in bios.

Now you can try two approaches:

- correct the mmio whitelist 
(or)
 - empty the mmio whitelist section and enable disablevariablewrite in quirks section.

And if you fix your USB mapping. you will have sleep working too. As i have everything working on my system.

Edited by XLNC

2 hours ago, fabiosun said:

image.thumb.png.0259f64aa93337821944bc69cfa39e52.png

these 2 patches why?

It was added for laptops to prevent panic during CPU enumeration. it's i think not needed on desktop
but doesn't hurt keeping it as it removes the TSC check.

• Supervisor
11 minutes ago, XLNC said:

It was added for laptops to prevent panic during CPU enumeration. it's i think not needed on desktop
but doesn't hurt keeping it as it removes the TSC check.

i prefer to leave simple as i can and those patches are not useful for AM4/5 and trx40 platforms

also this:

image.thumb.png.85b1275f5f9767af9d602e629f8bf348.png

not useful..and no one explain why it is there or in which condition could be useful 😉

maybe you know

On 7/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, fabiosun said:

i prefer to leave simple as i can and those patches are not useful for AM4/5 and trx40 platforms

also this:

image.thumb.png.85b1275f5f9767af9d602e629f8bf348.png

not useful..and no one explain why it is there or in which condition could be useful 😉

maybe you know

In this patch, we are just replacing the whatever value that gets stored in that register with a fix value so that it always follow a certain path in the code. This mostly prevents panic.

• Supervisor
35 minutes ago, XLNC said:

In this patch, we are just replacing the whatever value that gets stored in that register with a fix value so that it always follow a certain path in the code. This mostly prevents panic.

copy that, the question is different IMHO

When this panic could happen without this patch?

hello everyone,

recently, my system got unstable in the sense that many a times when rebooting, it would randomly reboot midway, or boot to a black screen. Many restarts are required to get to desktop. It is almost like a matter of chance that the system shall boot to a normal working state. Kindly someone help me with it. I am on 13.5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M1zw1HAjTuTBfkEV5p6oKnw9HwxZKnaW?usp=share_link

Thanks a lot.

10 hours ago, Jaidy said:

hello everyone,

recently, my system got unstable in the sense that many a times when rebooting, it would randomly reboot midway, or boot to a black screen. Many restarts are required to get to desktop. It is almost like a matter of chance that the system shall boot to a normal working state. Kindly someone help me with it. I am on 13.5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M1zw1HAjTuTBfkEV5p6oKnw9HwxZKnaW?usp=share_link

Thanks a lot.

@fabiosun @Ploddles can you please look at my EFI...

Edited by Jaidy

• Supervisor

@Jaidyit seems only one kext you have is outdated (blutoothfixup)

i would try to update it and if system have the same problem after this i would try to disable ethernet kext as AppleIGB (and verify if this kext is good for your ethernet card)

also i see this

image.thumb.png.d26783c73d527b6a343f62a42a11ff11.png

does your GPU need of this DP?

On 7/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, XLNC said:

Gigabyte TRX40 Designare 1.1

IOMMU = Enabled
Resize Bar = Enabled
Above 4G = Enabled

Sleep/Shutdown/Reboot working.

Posting my EFI here:
EFI_GIG_DESIG.zip

@XLNC I tried your efi by changing the minimum thing. On my platform sleep does not work. I think it's the thunderbolt card that's preventing sleep. Thank you for sharing your EFI.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:36 AM, fabiosun said:

@Jaidyit seems only one kext you have is outdated (blutoothfixup)

i would try to update it and if system have the same problem after this i would try to disable ethernet kext as AppleIGB (and verify if this kext is good for your ethernet card)

also i see this

image.thumb.png.d26783c73d527b6a343f62a42a11ff11.png

does your GPU need of this DP?

thanks. I updated the bluetoolfixup kext, and disabled the AppleIGB (I don't use the wired ethernet anyway). The system restarted once midway during boot..

I am not sure about device properties for the GPU. Should I remove these and see if the system becomes more stable?

• Supervisor
11 hours ago, Jaidy said:

I am not sure about device properties for the GPU. Should I remove these and see if the system becomes more stable?

I don't think it is the problem, but I do not know if it is useful for you changing GPU framebuffer

have you added some new hardware in your rig? or software as paragon NTFS or similar?

3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

I don't think it is the problem, but I do not know if it is useful for you changing GPU framebuffer

have you added some new hardware in your rig? or software as paragon NTFS or similar?

I have just added SSDs, now filling up all the M.2 slots on the motherboard.

I just removed the said section from the config.plist. It's still the same, the system while booting restarts midway several times, and I have once booted to black screen..

Edited by Jaidy

On 8/1/2023 at 6:32 AM, fabiosun said:

@Jaidymaybe a not full compatible m2 disk?

have you nvme fix kext in your efi?

or check trim options in your config plist

thank you. It seems enabling the nvme fix kext did the trick. I had it in the kext folder, but in the config.plist it was not enabled for some reason 🙂

• +1 1

20 hours ago, Jaidy said:

thank you. It seems enabling the nvme fix kext did the trick. I had it in the kext folder, but in the config.plist it was not enabled for some reason 🙂

the problem actually returned (so it never went away in the first place) 😞

Previously I had the macOS installed on the SK Hynix's P41. So I took out all the drives, and just let the P41 stay, and did a fresh installation of macOS. Still the same problem. So I doubt it's the other drives. Please help me!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jaidy said:

thanks for the reply, and your EFI. Did you ever face a boot to black screen issue? 

@Jaidy At startup no. At the end of loading the OSX and the session page yes.

Add in boot-args: agdpmod=pikera

You have a 6xxx card this should solve the problem.

13 hours ago, Arrakis said:

@Jaidy At startup no. At the end of loading the OSX and the session page yes.

Add in boot-args: agdpmod=pikera

You have a 6xxx card this should solve the problem.

I already have had this argument in the boot-args. But there have been times at random when the OS shall boot all the way to a black screen. I read up online that removing all debug arguments should solve this issue. I followed it, and it seems the issue has been resolved, but who knows might resurface. Thanks anyways

• 1 month later...