Dell Latitude 7210 2 in 1

Lorys89

58 minutes ago, kiki59665 said:

Finally, how to extract the BIOS version V1.33 and modify it using RU.efi? I have tried many software but was unable to extract it. Can Lorys assist me in modifying the BIOS? 

Disabled CFG Lock, set DVMT pre-allocated to 64MB (it seems to be the default 64MB) and set DVMT total to MAX.

Many Thanks!

BIOS V1.33 website download https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER11977216M/1/Latitude_7210_2in1_1.33.0.exe

18 hours ago, Lorys89 said:

Use ru efi with the values set as in my post, they have never changed with any bios, those offsets always remain those paths. 

BIOS is all set now, and the computer is running smoothly. Thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Lorys89 , I am trying your EFI 7210 ( https://mega.nz/file/FRVlUTzJ#fTYUuWl7dEupIOPu66PjoWaY4BiXyUsbXh8ItbPDQEU)
On Dell 2 in 1 7200 I7 8665U OC 1.01 Sonoma . All works, only sleep problem : wake up screen will change color ( kind like monochrome and all vertical color ). But The extended monitor works fine, only laptop screen has a problem. Any suggestion how to fix it ? btw on Sequoia have same behaviour plus no WIFI . Thank you

Edited by TRYIT

• Support Team
55 minuti fa, TRYIT ha scritto:

Hi @Lorys89 , I am trying your EFI 7210 ( https://mega.nz/file/FRVlUTzJ#fTYUuWl7dEupIOPu66PjoWaY4BiXyUsbXh8ItbPDQEU)
On Dell 2 in 1 7200 I7 8665U OC 1.01 Sonoma . All works, only sleep problem : wake up screen will change color ( kind like monochrome and all vertical color ). But The extended monitor works fine, only laptop screen has a problem. Any suggestion how to fix it ? btw on Sequoia have same behaviour plus no WIFI . Thank you

From bios set to disable this :

Sign Of Life : Early Logo Display / Early keyboard backlight

43 minutes ago, Lorys89 said:

From bios set to disable this :

Sign Of Life : Early Logo Display / Early keyboard backlight

still doesn't work, please see attached photo wake up screen. 

wake up.jpg

Hi Lorys,

Recently I've been experiencing an issue with my Mac where it runs normally for a while, but after few time the CPU starts to throttles down and programs run very slowly, as shown in the pic. I've tried various methods, but the issue still remains.

I suspect it might be related to SSDT. Would it be necessary to customize the SSDT, or are there other possible solutions?

Have you faced this issue before?

微信图片_20241001191700.jpg

10 hours ago, Lorys89 said:

Do you have the cfg unlocked? Do you use kext cpu friend? 

Cfg Unlocked and CPUFriend.kext should be effect, but occasionally there is still a phenomenon of CPU downclocking

• Support Team
10 ore fa, kiki59665 ha scritto:

Cfg Unlocked and CPUFriend.kext should be effect, but occasionally there is still a phenomenon of CPU downclocking

Have you checked if you have this problem on windows as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lorys,
I have a same problem !
You mentioned that this computer has a slower CPU power issue when plugged in. Could you share your experience? I encountered a similar problem.

I have a Dell Latitude 7210 running macOS Ventura 13.5.1 and am facing a GPU power throttling issue. In high power mode at 4.3GHz, the CPU temperature rises to 70-80°C but can only sustain for a few seconds before throttling down to 0.4GHz. It takes a long time for the CPU temperature to drop to around 50°C before the power returns, and this cycle repeats.

I tried several adjustments, including setting the fan to its maximum speed of 4800 RPM, disabling Intel SpeedStep, Intel TurboBoost, and Hyper-Threading. These efforts slightly lowered the CPU temperature, but it still throttles down to 0.4GHz. Finally, by enabling macOS's low-power mode and capping the CPU frequency to 2.4GHz, I was able to keep the computer stable in unplugged mode. However, once plugged in, the CPU again briefly runs at 2.4GHz before dropping to 0.4GHz. How can I resolve this issue?

I currently believe that the computer's thermal design is suboptimal and suspect that the CPU temperature limit is set too low, causing the frequent throttling. I found that VoltageShift can not only adjust voltage and TDP but may also modify MSR to adjust the temperature limit. However, there is little detailed guidance on this online. Have you tried this approach?

I attempted to use CPUFriend to generate a custom driver to manage CPUFriendDataProvider along with CPUFriend.kext. After adding the kext files and loading config.plist using OpenCore Configurator, I encountered issues where the system would hang during the boot process and result in kernel panic after rebooting.

截圖 2024-09-20 下午11.18.26.png

Intel Power Gadget截圖 2024-09-13 下午8.47.59.png

截圖 2024-10-16 下午1.02.43.png