Dell Latitude 7210 2 in 1

Lorys89

• Support Team

Ciao ragazzi con l uscita di sonoma release mi è presa la voglia di provare un tablet 2in1 con macos e ho comprato questo.. 

Nei prossimi giorni arriverà e vi aggiornerò su gli sviluppi. 

Il tablet monta:

i7 10810u con 16gb a 2133  lpddr3 saldata, 1 nvme da 512gb e 1 nvme da 256gb e una scheda wifi intel ax210, lo schermo è fhd touch da 12.3" ed in dotazione ha pure la active pen, ha 2 porte Thunderbolt 3 titan ridge e 1 porta usb A 3.1 e un lettore di micro sd e il combojack, poi 2 web cam da 5 e 8 mpx e tastiera retroilluminata con trakpad integrato. Diciamo monta tante belle cosette.. 

s-l1200.jpg

• Like 1

• Support Team
37 minuti fa, T19 ha scritto:

Bello!!

Io tempo fa avevo adocchiato il vecchio 5290 con cpu 8th.

Facci sapere.

Ho avuto per un paio di giorni il latitude 7390 2in1 e non è male.. Va tutto ma e cpu kbl-r

• Support Team

oggi mi porto avanti col lavoro, ho estratto il bios e convertito in txt bios.txt.zip

e ho cercato i valori per settare su disabled il cfg lock e per impostare il dvmt pre a 64mb (di default da bios era già a 64mb e quindi ottima cosa) e il dvmt total al MAX

CFG:

image.png.4a973f624d5cbc3e7f98a70d4f347a96.png

DVMT Pre e Total:

image.png.e9a3aa9651b7619a84c7ddfc2ee3f91b.png

io uso RU.efi per settare tali valori:

image.thumb.png.7d76f9822b82aa1cfb1d4158621b0f2e.png

image.thumb.png.f7dfaeed17a83895ca466c6fa462de0b.png

e questa prima fase è già pronta..

• Support Team

Elenco delle cose che funzionano o non funzionano :

•  [X] Intel UHD iGPU eDP with Backlight Output
  •  [X] Intel UHD iGPU Type-C/TB3 to HDMI Output
  •  [X] Intel UHD iGPU - H264 & HEVC
  •  [X] ALC295 Internal Speakers
  •  [X] ALC295 Internal microphone
  •  [X] ALC295 Combojack headphones
  •  [X] ALC295 Combojack microphone
  •  [X] ALC295 TYPE-C/TB3 to HDMI Audio Output
  •  [X] USB-A 3.1 Ports
  •  [X] 2 Thunderbolt port with Hot-Plug
  •  [X] SpeedStep / Sleep (lid & pwrb) / Wake (only pwrb) 
  •  [X] HID Key PWRB & SLPB & SOUND
  •  [X] I2C Touchscreen with gesture (died at wake issue dell notebook cml) 
  •  [X] USB I2C TouchPad with gesture
  •  [X] I2C TouchPen (died at wake issue dell notebook cml)
  •  [X] Keyboard (PS2) with backlight
  •  [X] FN Keys (Sound e Luminosità)
  •  [X] Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Intel AX201 Module
  •  [X] 1° SSD NVME Slot-1 PciE 
  •  [X] 2° SSD NVME Slot-2 PciE\WWAN
  •  [X] Micro SD Cardreader 
  •  [X] WebCam Front (USB-Internal)
  •  [X] WebCam Rear (USB-Internal)
  •  [X] Sensors Temp CPU, IGPU, NVME
  •  [X] Sensors Fan CPU
  •  [ ] Sensor Gyroscope
  •  [X] ACPI Battery
  •  [X] NVRAM (Native)
  •  [X] Recovery (macOS) boot from OpenCore
  •  [X] Windows 11 boot from OpenCore

Andrò mettendo i flag non appena avrò testato che tali cose funzionano.

• Like 2

• Support Team

notebook arrivato ed installato sonoma, il pc è spettacolare ma sto sbattendo la testa dietro al supporto del lid wake che non vuole andare su macos. E poi mi dedico alle kext i2c per capire il problema che al wake muore touchscreen. 

image.thumb.png.51eb390f58abdfe4a8fec2e9c5509800.png

image.thumb.png.654a7b4323e8b6c8e4d0815f6571961d.png

image.thumb.png.b49068eac1453225b9f38d7404a45772.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone

Can I annoy someone (especially Lorys89) to help me? I have the Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1 but with the i5-10310U processor, 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. I set the cfg lock to disabled and to set the dvmt pre to 64mb, tried different bios settings on or off, but they keep getting stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar, it gets to about 30% and then the computer reboots.

I tried a different EFI that I found on youtube for "Dell computer" and that boots to the installation screen. I also use GenSMBios to generate my serial number and other necessary information.But freezing during installation, I let it run for 12+ hours the other night and keeps out the error (according to the logs) without moving forward. So I gave up on that. Any help is appreciated! Also, forgive me for Italian, I'm using a translator. 🙂

• Support Team
22 minuti fa, mahlos ha scritto:

Hello everyone

Can I annoy someone (especially Lorys89) to help me? I have the Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1 but with the i5-10310U processor, 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM. I set the cfg lock to disabled and to set the dvmt pre to 64mb, tried different bios settings on or off, but they keep getting stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar, it gets to about 30% and then the computer reboots.

I tried a different EFI that I found on youtube for "Dell computer" and that boots to the installation screen. I also use GenSMBios to generate my serial number and other necessary information.But freezing during installation, I let it run for 12+ hours the other night and keeps out the error (according to the logs) without moving forward. So I gave up on that. Any help is appreciated! Also, forgive me for Italian, I'm using a translator. 🙂

use this efi 

EFI.zip

Thank you very much! The EFI folder worked, and I was able to install Big Sur on an external SSD and an internal SSD. Both are SK Hynix (brand) 512GB NVMe, internal is the #BC511 model, external is the #BC711 model. Both run MacOS, but BC711 (external) runs MacOS fast! The internal BC511 runs slowly, taking about 24 bounces to open apps. Also the wifi doesn't work with the default Intel model AX201NGW, I have an Apple approved WLAN model BCM94360NG but it works very slowly, barely 1mbps download speed. I'll keep playing it and see if I can find updated kexts that will fix the wifi. I also purchased a USBC ethernet adapter identified by macOS but which keeps auto-assigning an IP without internet. I could just keep MacOS on the external USBC SSD since it runs fast, but that defeats the purpose of having it on a laptop.

Thanks again and sorry for my Italian, I'm using google translator. 🙂

Ciao Lorys89, prima di tutto, voglio ringraziarti ancora una volta, il tuo tempo di risposta è stato incredibile rispetto ad altri posti dove ho chiesto aiuto. Secondo, terrò macOS sull’unità USB-C poiché sembra funzionare più velocemente rispetto all’SSD interno. Ho installato con successo Sonoma e aggiornato all’ultima versione senza problemi. Heliport ha risolto il mio WiFi! A volte è lento (1mb/ps), altre volte va bene (30mb/ps). 

Mi sto davvero divertendo a usare macOS con le capacità touch, sembra così naturale! Specialmente perché il trackpad non funziona ma la tastiera sì. Va bene così, mi sembra di lavorare su un iPad. Haha. _

Grazie ancora! Non vedo l’ora di lavorare su un progetto futuro.