Wolfram Mathematica 12.3.0 AMD Hackintosh fix

tomnic

• Moderators

Disable SIP as a prerequisite as always.

For this program the installation is straightforward: just mount the downloaded dmg, drag the app into your Applications folder in macOS drive. Then you only need to overwrite libiomp5.dylib, libmkl_avx512.dylib and libmkl_core.dylib with my patched versions into Mathematica.app/Contents/SystemFiles/Libraries/MacOSX-x86-64  

I include a little benchmark to test the functionality of the app, bench.nb, just unzip it and open it in Mathematica then run it placing your cursor before the word "Needs" in the worksheet and choose the menu function Evaluation -> Evaluate cells.

Feel free to post some results, here are mine 😉

Note: as always, native libs of this specific app version are patched to redirect the problematic functions intel fastmemset and intel fastmemcpy to the fastest compatible similar functions for our AMD hackintoshes, also fooling the Genuine Intel CPU check with a trivial function which gives always true as the returning value: no more need to inject code, no more need to use environmental variables or old prepatched libs.

math.thumb.png.9fc9899016885d6802377d0841702d1d.png

libiomp5.dylib.zip libmkl_avx512.dylib.zip libmkl_core.dylib.zip bench.nb.zip

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Does this work for 14.0? I tried but it does not launch. It opens, but there are no windows shown.
image.png.ccdc18426bd6669fb1aa525b6d67b4ed.png
I have SIP disabled as well. I'm not quite sure what's wrong.

image.png

Edited by Harshul