Build Ryzen 9 7950X - ASUS ROG X670E Hero

fabiosun

• Supervisor

In my opinion you have only to adapt USB mapping for your different motherboard..but if it is worlk by now as you like ..you can do it when you have some time 🙂

I patched the USB, mobile hard disk, U disk can be used normally, but DP-IN to Type-C Video is very unstable, almost can not be used normally, occasionally normal display screen touch also can not be used!
If I can't use it, I can use HDMI, I basically only use XCode (Java developers say XCode is really hard to use 👀, maybe I'm just a noob haha 🤣), and not being able to use TypeC video depresses me!
image.thumb.png.84c71f3ae9fa30a81785210e5c31c759.png

Edited by dixtdf
  • Like 1

• Supervisor
3 hours ago, Xsario said:

Hi @fabiosun
First of all, thank you for your work.  I have a similar system as you and I want to install osx on it. Can you please share your latest efi with me? 

Thanks.

Welcome here,

you can find in first post of this thread

you have to choose the one useful for you 

if you have latest motherboard bios installed or not.

If you have latest bios you have to use the one where you find patched dsdt

You have also adapt USB mapping i use for your needs 😉

Hi @fabiosun,
Thanks. I am trying to install the latest version to sonoma with your shared efi file which is opencore098 but I failed. I copied the zip into the usb EFI and did nothing else. 
Is there anything additional I need to do for the USB ports?

If possible can you share your efi file running on the sonoma you are using including the usb patch? 
and I have the latest bios, is there any option in the bios that I should be aware of?

Could you please give me a simple tutorial for beginners like me?

1 minute ago, Xsario said:

Hi @fabiosun,
Thanks. I am trying to install the latest version to sonoma with your shared efi file which is opencore098 but I failed. I copied the zip into the usb EFI and did nothing else. 
Is there anything additional I need to do for the USB ports?

If possible can you share your efi file running on the sonoma you are using including the usb patch? 
and I have the latest bios, is there any option in the bios that I should be aware of?

Could you please give me a simple tutorial for beginners like me?

Newbie tutorial please refer to here, has been very detailed, need to read carefully!

OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io)

Hi @fabiosun @dixtdf
In short, my problem is that after the first installation steps (disk format and os installation) the device restarts without any problem, then after the second step of 26 minutes left, it restarts over and over again.

The steps I did basically...

I used fabiosun's last EFI file 098 and updated Lorys89's patched (1904) DSDT file in my efi file because I used the last bios (1905) and deleted the rx6950xt.aml file in the ACPI folder because I used rx6900xt. Finally I rebuilt smbios.

Then I opened debug mode but I couldn't understand what the problem was in the resulting file. I have attached my EFI and debug file. Can you please help me with this? what am I doing wrong?

Archive.zip

• Supervisor

@Xsario

you have to clean also device properties part of the config because i spoof there my 6950xt gpu

i use in this moment old ASUS bios so i do not use anymore a patched DSDT

if you can put in signature your system (motherboard/ram/gpu/nvme disk and so on)

Hello @fabiosun
Thanks for the feedback. I cleared the device properties in EFI as you mentioned. 
When I tried again from the beginning, after formatting the disk, the OS restarted automatically with 11 minutes left to finish the installation. 
I think this is the source of the problem. 
What is the version of bios you are using now. let me use that version.

• Supervisor
39 minutes ago, Xsario said:

When I tried again from the beginning, after formatting the disk, the OS restarted automatically with 11 minutes left to finish the installation. 

when it reboots have you tried to again start with the icon installer? it should be done 2 or three times before you see real OSX disk name

40 minutes ago, Xsario said:

What is the version of bios you are using now. let me use that version.

now i use 16xx (latest without new incoming cpu support) but i have also installed with a patched dsadt included in my EFI

edit

ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-HERO-ASUS-1602.CAP

• Supervisor
6 hours ago, Xsario said:

Hello @fabiosun,

I downgraded the bios version from 1905 to 1709 and tried to install macos with 098 EFI. But now I get the following error. Can you please help me with this error?

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. : 😑 

I have shared to my debug log. 

opencore-2024-04-06-215846.txt.zip 3.44 kB · 2 downloads

we have to start from scratch

load default bios setup and disable fast boot and asus logo leave all other things as default for now

I cant see in your signature your hardware in detail

i know you have an Hero motherboard

CPU?

GPU?

booting disk?

which OS are you trying to instal? and from usb or others device?

attached log is not useful

you downgraded your hero bios to always a newer one it needs to patch the dsdt (all bios with support of incoming CPU needs to patch DSDT and when i did i used always the same patched dsdt you can find in EFI)

I create now for you a debug EFI

Delete yours and use this the post debug log which is only useful to see your MMIO area

EFI_Xsario.zip

let start from this EFI, then we will try to adjust it for your need (this has 099 opencore debug version)

Hello @fabiosun,

First of all, thank you very much for your help.

System components.

Asus x670e, AMD 7950X3d CPU , 2x32 Gskill 6400 ram, AMD 6900XT GPU, Crucial T700 2Tb SSD and macos Sonoma latest version on USB

I copied the EFI file you shared into USB EFI and only added agdpmod=pıkera in Nvram since my video card is 6900xt. When I don't add this, the installation screen does not come up, it stays black screen.

Then I defaulted the bios settings and turned off the asus logo with fastboot.

I booted with USB and did clean Nvram process. Then Sonoma installation screen came up and I did disk format process and started Macos install step.

When the installation comes up to the 11th minute, the system restarts as you can see in the video below. Please look at 40 seconds.

https://streamable.com/25bxt8

Then I continue the installation from the opencore boot menu again and it gives the error as follows. Please look at 110 seconds.

https://streamable.com/nz1pdg

And I have shared the debug log files on USB.

Debug-Archive.zip

• Supervisor

debug log is fine

check in bios 4g option and resize bar option and post how they are set please

are you also sure your usb sonoma installer is well done?

I have checked 4g and resize bar and they look as follows, 

IMG_0582.thumb.png.56fd3ea53200ba164880516b2420597a.png

I have created 2 times my USB installer but I don't know if the problem could be caused by USB?

1 hour ago, Xsario said:

Is there any other action you can suggest?

Try locking your memory speed at 5200 if you haven't done that already. Mine randomly reboots if it is set any higher.